Submitted by admin on Wed, 12/28/2011 - 2:54pm
- The national organization's online membership administration program grew through the increased use of MyLegion.org (a members-only area of the Legion national website) and the introduction of online renewal capability. More than 105,000 members renewed online following introduction of the service on July 1, 2011.
- More than 550 Legionnaires attended national membership workshops in Indianapolis and Minneapolis in 2011.
- The American Legion revitalized 35 posts in danger of losing their charters, and helped generate some 600 new members or transfers to join them.
- The American Legion redesigned the popular "Why You Should Belong" brochure to better illustrate the value of the organization to today's returning veterans.
- More than 1,400 newly designed National Membership Team polo shirts were distributed in 2011.
- A multichannel marketing program for membership was introduced which includes a variety of electronic media, including Google Ads, mobile-phone apps, direct-response postcards with QR codes and personalized URLs, as well as new website landing pages for members to learn more about the Legion in response to direct-mail solicitation.