Our Commitment to Privacy
Active Information Collected
In order to provide the services related to American Legion Baseball, we must collect certain private and personally identifiable information. Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that tells us specifically who a player is, such as names, phone numbers, email, postal addresses, social security numbers, credit card information, and possibly information relating to support or service issues. In many cases we need this information to help ensure the health and safety of our baseball players and provide the services that you have requested.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
The American Legion will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. The American Legion will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current. The personal information you provide to The American Legion will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
Sharing Information with Advertisers or Other Third Parties
We will share your personal information with others only as described below.
- The American Legion Baseball Personnel: Our personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to player information if necessary in the normal course of business.
- Service Providers: We may sometimes use other businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our mailing lists, processing insurance orders and financial transactions, sending postal mail, and providing marketing assistance and data analysis. We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to those businesses when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties. The American Legion will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third party service providers are obligated to protect Personally Identifiable Information on The American Legion’s behalf.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, player information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if The American Legion, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, player information would be one of the assets that may be transferred.
- Financial Institutions: We may make Personally Identifiable Information that you provide us available to one or more financial institutions, to fulfill and carry out the purchase of insurance or the payment of fees. By providing us your Personally Identifiable Information, you authorize us to exchange your Personally Identifiable Information with such financial institutions.
- Medical Providers: We may make Personally Identifiable Information that you provide us available to medical providers in order to help ensure injured or sick players receive appropriate treatment in emergency situations.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Data Security, Integrity, and Access
We secure your personal information submitted by you by using reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of Personally Identifiable Information. Communications that you may have with us via email or U.S. Mail may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place prior to your sending information. Therefore, if you choose to communicate with us through these means, you are assuming the risk of doing so and we request that you do not send or post sensitive information through these means.
You can ask us to access, update, or delete information that you have provided us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require proof of your identity before we provide this information and we reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data under reasonable circumstances, but will give reasons for our refusal. You should understand that we must require certain information to provide our services and the deletion of certain data could result in the removal of a player from The American Legion Baseball program.