Monthly Nets

Forums:

We need everyone's input and advice on setting a monthly time, day and frequency for The American Legion Amateur Radio Club Net. We have tried a few venues, but none seemed to be the answer. Clearly, we won't be able to please everyone, but your recommendations will help establish the best for most.

Standing by. All comments, suggestions and ideas welcome.

Joe - KJ9M

carrierguy

April 12, 2012 - 1:07pm

We're talking HF Net; the IRLP venue seems to be working well, once the word gets out more.

AC8AL

April 12, 2012 - 3:39pm

Weekends are good for my wife and I. We have listened to the frequencies during the previous net and special event station and could not hear TALARC at all. I do not know if it was band conditions or just the way the antennas were orientated. We will try again when the next net comes around.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc" AC8AL

Indorf

May 23, 2012 - 7:05am

We are in the process of setting up the station AL post 201 in Shiner tx. We meet on the third Tuesday of each month. That's when we plan on starting our attempt at a "net". I'm thinking either 40 or 20 , haven't picked a specific frequency yet. ..... Kc5uta Dave

carrierguy

May 23, 2012 - 10:02am

Outstanding, Dave! Send us a photo of the station (and y'all) when operational.
73, Joe - KJ9M

MikeInOKC

May 24, 2012 - 5:06pm

Hello all, I'd be interested in joining the net, too. As a new ham, I can use all the practice I can get!

mf

MikeInOKC

May 24, 2012 - 5:07pm

mf

WSloan

June 29, 2012 - 2:22pm

IRLP Net Control (me!) is upgrading his antenna and operation location a bit to get a better signal to the IRLP repeater. We are looking at alternate times for this net since travel commitments interfere with Saturday sessions, but still would like your comments and suggestions for a more suitable time or day. We strive to improve!

wstaehle

July 5, 2012 - 9:32pm

If you keep moving it around people will lose interest. I'd suggest you keep it the same for now until you build up some additional participation.

AC8AL

July 14, 2012 - 1:39pm

HF NET - Will be called on 14.270 MHz by Net Control Craig, W3CRR, and Asst. Net Control, Bill, KI0CW, at 1700 UTC (1300 EDT) Saturday, July 14.

There is a station on 14.270 right now doing the IARU HF Contest. I will look for Craig and Bill above and below that frequency.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc" AC8AL

DonJ

July 15, 2012 - 5:42pm

I tried to log in on the HF net,but with the way the band conditions were I was not able to. Also was not able to hear most of what was said. Hope to hear more on the next net.

Regards
Don

AC8AL

August 16, 2012 - 3:06pm

I did not hear NCS at all on the Saturday. Band conditions were not that great yet they were very full of activity. Will try again in August. Going to try and get a state net going here in Michigan if there is enough interest too.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc" AC8AL
Ravenna, MI Post 297.

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.