Do you agree that enhanced security measures need to be taken at U.S. airports?

View more polls

WSloan

January 12, 2010 - 9:55am

Don't stop airport screening, but no system is foolproof. Concern is that we're putting too much resources into airline gate screening and not enough into other preventive measures for shopping malls, movie theaters, professional sports venues, train stations and the like. When terrorists switch tactics, and they will, we need to be prepared.

boogin

January 14, 2010 - 2:48pm

Yes to all the above, but do not forget the Cargo containers that are custumer loaded on planes and ships and truck. They should All be screened and arent. Where there is a way the Terrorist will find it, so we should try and stay Many steps ahead of them, not just reactive.

arnold duncan

January 14, 2010 - 6:48pm

I believe the airports need all the security possible, I also think they need to hire a bunch of retired or any MP's that have gone to any war or has completed thier MOSQ to be a MP/SP/ any other branch security enlisted personal to run the security.
I have been in many airports and I see the people the TSA hires, (WHAT A JOKE).. most of them couldn't pull security on a chicken farm.That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Manfred508

January 14, 2010 - 6:55pm

too bad all of us veterans with concealed carry permits issued by our sherrifs and 3 month background checks can't come on board. if that was the deal, none of those guys would even think about it. i sure wouldn't.
just because i'm not a cop, or federal air marshall, doesn't mean i could not or would not take care of a bad situation. a.38 going through the walls of a airplane will not blow it up. the oxygen masks wont even come down. look it up. but it would stop a bad guy. just a thought.

shawn33

April 28, 2010 - 5:02pm

I agree with you 100%. My dad was a homicide detective for the Los Angeles County Sheriff. While he was a deputy, and currently. He feels that if ALL law abiding citizens were carrying. Than our country would be a much safer place.
A perfect example is Iowa a few years ago. This senior citizen lady had a permit to carry a concealed fire arm. So than these teenagers tried to mug her. Than she pulled it out on them and that scared them so much they called the police on her. But she wasn't arrested, they were.

Manfred508

January 14, 2010 - 7:26pm

i would be willing to go through any "veting" by any
state, federal, or local agency to ease the mind of the traveling public. i fly maybe twice a year. lets take aiplanes out of the terrorist's mind. lets don't leave this up to the pilot and flight attendants to handle.
if they they knew there were more than random "agents"
on board,they would stop immediatley. grandpa taking the kids to disneyland just might wreck their plans.
just a thought.

shawn33

April 28, 2010 - 4:54pm

They have to be careful on how they handle very few people, or the FDA has to pull their heads out of their butt. I say that because I'm in a medical research study for the FDA, and I have a computer chip in my head. I can't go near anything that will put electricity on me. So I have to show them my card from the LA county hosp. that has the doctors phone#, and the FDA phone#. THey can call them and get the info on me to make sure I'm legit. But the security at the airport still can't accept me. They say I'm not legit. If I go through their metal detector I have to have a 3rd major brain surgery.

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.