I transferred my Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to my son and daughter. She has been attending college and has two more months of entitlement. My son, however, does not want to attend college. Can I transfer the benefits I gave him to my daughter?

After Post-9/11 entitlement has been transferred to your children or spouse, you may increase, decrease or revoke the transfer at any time.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 2:37pm


  1. The VA's eBenefits page allows you to transfer GI Bill benefits from one beneficiary to another.

  2. Yes, by signing into the link on your approval memorandum you can revoke, modify transferred benefits. You CANNOT transfer to a new dependent after discharge, however.

Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture. Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.