New Legion mobile-phone apps launched

Featured in General News
New Legion mobile-phone apps launched

Visiting The American Legion on a mobile phone becomes easier this week. A new mobile-phone application for the Apple iPhone and a new display for the BlackBerry (and other mobile phones) offer streamlined news, Twitter updates and other information for Legionnaires on the go.

BlackBerry (and other mobile phone) users can simply enter mobile.legion.org into the browsers on their phones, and they will be automatically directed to an easy-to-read mobile-phone version of The American Legion National Headquarters Web site. iPhone users can download the free American Legion application from the Apple App Store, accessible from any iPhone. Click here to view on App Store

News and information are updated often during the course of a day, and photos can be viewed. The applications also offer the ability for users to forward stories by e-mail and post on Twitter.

More in General News

bigkato

March 5, 2012 - 11:47am

The site does not work. Any updates to there being an app through Android market?

oddy123

July 26, 2011 - 5:29am

Fommy.com - One Stop online store for all your Casio GzOne Commando C771 Accessories, GzOne Commando C771 Accessories need like GzOne Commando C771 Batteries, GzOne Commando C771 Bluetooth Car Kits, GzOne Commando C771 Cables, GzOne Commando C771 Cases, GzOne Commando C771 Chargers, GzOne Commando C771 Headphones, GzOne Commando C771 Headsets, GzOne Commando C771 Memory Cards, GzOne Commando C771 Miscellaneous, GzOne Commando C771 Screen Protectors, GzOne Commando C771 Speakers, GzOne Commando C771 Stylus, GzOne Commando C771 Vehicle Mounts and more. for more details, check out fommy.com/casio-gzone-commando-c771.htm

jillian_g

February 5, 2011 - 12:11am

Cool stuff. I'm pretty sure it supports Blackberry phone contracts. This can really help us on what's latest on using this app.

fgwalter50

August 15, 2010 - 4:58pm

I love the new mobile phone app, but what I don't seem to see is the Post locator. When I'm traveling that would be a great help finding local posts.

TXJVPOSTADJ

July 30, 2010 - 10:26am

For iPhone users, go to your App Store, Search and type in American Legion then download the free app. I would like to hopefully see it link to FB as I'm not on the Twitter train, though the Twitter tab provides additional quick articles. I hope to see the myLegion and the American Legion App link, similar to a Facebook; except for only AL members. I see this as a Newly Exciting Time for the American Legion!

Bob Sussan

July 30, 2010 - 9:57am

Painless installation of this free application from the iphone's App Store. Installed very quickly and is quite user friendly. Interesting tabs... News, Commander, Twitter and Photos.... did some exploring and found things that I might not have found or seen on the desktop version. Given the importance of social networking this is a natural progression to the Facebook and Twitter presence. Very Good Job !

Bill Schrier

July 26, 2010 - 5:45pm

Does not work on BB's.....

Tony Heath

July 27, 2010 - 3:15pm

Regarding Android operating system, this address mobile.legion.org should work on it as well - you would just have to use a browser to access the site.

barbmilton

July 24, 2010 - 7:45pm

I too keep getting a time out on my blackberry. I hope that they fix it soon.

carr65del

July 23, 2010 - 8:14am

Is this app going to be made available for users on an Android operating system? :)

imdrmarshall

July 23, 2010 - 5:51am

just like "terry_d" mentioned above, i too tried to log on to the mobile site, and every time i tried, i got a "time out" message...and i ensured i had a good signal, and went to a couple different sites just to make sure that the problem wasn't with my phone. is there a tech service number we can call, or can you let us all know when it is corrected? thank you SEMPER FI!

Bill__H

July 22, 2010 - 6:29pm

Works great on "Moment".

terry_d

July 22, 2010 - 5:37pm

I just tried typing the address into the browser of my BlackBerry and it kept giving a time out, I tried several times ove several minutes and it did not work.