PSK31

Forums:

Is there any interest in trying to set up a PSK31 net? I am located just south of Los Angeles in Orange County. For the moment I am limited to 20meters using a Gap Titan DX vertical.
Steve
N1AB
n1absteve@gmail.com

Craig W3CRR

October 14, 2013 - 1:57pm

Hi Steve,

I, for one, would be very interested in establishing a series of PSK31 nets. It's just about my favorite operating mode these days.

73,

Craig
W3CRR
TALARC HF Net Control

DonN

January 4, 2015 - 12:44pm

would be interested in a PSK31 Net. However, somewhat behind the times. What is the progress at this time.

Don
w7ffd.0

Ken N6PWV

January 10, 2014 - 11:43am

That is a great idea Steve and Craig. I have a Kenwood ts50 and want to get it up and running on PSK31.I live in Santa Rosa , California and will be getting a vertical to work 10 - 40 meters for my birthday. I use to enjoy regular packet radio , so this will be great. 73s de N6PWV Ken

Steve Brody

January 18, 2014 - 10:15pm

How about setting up a tentative schedule. I would like to suggest 20 meters during the week, if people are available, otherwise a Saturday or Sunday. From my experience, 20 meters comes on line during the middle to late afternoon. We could also try 10 meters in the morning, it it is open it could be very good.

Any ideas?

Steve Brody

January 18, 2014 - 10:18pm

The thought occurred to me that maybe what I will try is getting on and calling CQ TALARC. and see what happens. Any ideas on the best times and days?
Steve
N1AB

n7net

April 17, 2014 - 4:45pm

Count me in

73 de n7net

SteveBrody

January 7, 2015 - 10:15pm

A year ago we tried to start a PSK31 net but we ran into two problems:
1. Over a period of several weeks, there were only 1-3 check-ins per week. I think this would have changed over time.
2. The major problem that appeared to be insurmountable was how to conduct such a net? PSK is a 0ne-0n-one communication method, so how do we handle multiple check-ins followed by a rotation of giving people a chance to talk? During the past year, I have asked this question of several people, but have not yet have an answer on how to structure the net.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Steve Brody
N1AB

Bill Sloan, TALARC IRLP/Echolink Net

January 12, 2015 - 10:57am

Steve's question is a great one, and (like the other digital modes) begs for creative ideas. How about an email listing of interested PSK31 enthusiasts who want to check in? Steve or others operating as Net Control might go down the list, inviting each in turn to check in--just an idea. Perhaps we can post the call signs in this forum for Net Control's use? Big thing is to make it more visible for ALL PSK31 users to know the net is operating, not just within TALARC. Open to other ideas, here!

Steve Brody

January 14, 2015 - 4:38pm

Bill
That sounds like a good idea. Needing advance notice will perhaps limit the participation of someone who did not provide advance notice. I suggest that we continue to talk about what we can do to structure a successful net.There is also no doubt in my mind that we are trying to do something that has not been done before. It would be interesting to see how successful we can be

Kenneth Talbott - KE4RG

January 24, 2015 - 12:06am

I look forward to participating!

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.