New SAL site offers access to membership

New SAL site offers access to membership

Sons of The American Legion squadron adjutants and officers now have access to membership information, reports and electronic membership tools at www.mySAL.org.

The American Legion National Headquarters in Indianapolis developed the website to mimic myLegion.org, which assists post, district and county officers with their membership needs.

The new mySAL.org site allows members to:

• Search for members by name or ID number
  • See payment history for all members
  • Find contact information for all members
  • View, download and print rosters of current, expired, deceased, undeliverable and current-paid membership
  • View and edit squadron membership information
  • Locate a squadron

To access mySAL.org, download the registration form here. The form requires approval signatures from both the squadron and post adjutants before it’s sent to National Headquarters. Once national staff verify officer signatures and receive approval from the department, they will email instructions on how to create a mySAL.org account that requires a username and password.

The squadron adjutant on file at National Headquarters is the administrator of the site, but sign-on credentials can be shared.

More in Sons of the Legion

MySAL.org

March 19, 2014 - 3:16pm

Are they going to open MySAL up to SAL Commanders? My Adjutant is hard to get a hold of because he is busy with AL and District business.

Dave Stratman S.A.L.Comm. Post 32

March 28, 2014 - 9:50pm

You as the Commander of the S.A.L. have all rights to go on line to check out your Membership

John W. Horn Jr.

January 30, 2014 - 5:37pm

I have been a member of the SAL for 26 cont. years. Is the PUFL Membership option also available to us? MO Detachment - Squadron 283

Dave Stratman S.A.L. Comm. Post 32

March 28, 2014 - 9:46pm

No we can not get PUFL, they say we don't have enough members

Richard Pomeroy

December 20, 2013 - 10:40am

I was indefinitely suspended from Post 43 in Belfast with no reason given and have been trying to transfer to Rockland Post and Belfast is blocking my transfer. Have gone to State with no solution or help in this matter. What can be done?

Dave Stratman S.A.L.

December 31, 2013 - 4:26pm

Did you get a letter from the EXEC. BOARD to come to there meeting so they can tell you why.

RICHARD POMEROY

January 10, 2014 - 8:29am

NO IN MY LETTER.

george g

December 22, 2013 - 3:59pm

are you al or sal?

Dave Stratman S.A.L. Commander

December 6, 2013 - 1:20pm

If you did not know this, (I did not), did some checking on the internet and found when the S.A.L. was formed, it was at the 14th National Convention in Portland, Oregon on September 12-15 1932. Hope you were interested in this, I was.

Robert Fifield

November 21, 2013 - 1:24am

check on my squadron membership

Dave Stratman

December 13, 2013 - 1:00pm

How did it work for you?, I'm getting mine started in a few weeks

williamFaulk

October 22, 2013 - 11:28am

I'm trying to get information for squardron 10 which I'm the commander of

Com. Kentinal

October 20, 2013 - 2:14pm

I know this site has a few bugs in it. This site has me regestered however does not allow me to log in.

Kentinal

October 20, 2013 - 1:08pm

The rules for approval of new members is set forth in your By Laws. The sample Bylaws in the Squadron Handbook indicate "That all applications shall be acted on by the Executive Committee, which presents the applications to the Squadron at the regular meeting with recommendation of accept or reject. If a (specify number) of current members vote against that applicant shall be recorded as rejected. page 43

LawrenceCRoelofsenJr

October 19, 2013 - 2:07pm

I am the Old Glory Post 183 Adjutant also the SAL Squad 183 Adjutant. I am looking for the information for new SAL members and transfers into my Post and Squad. I would like to know if it is mandatory that they be voted on to become members in both the Legion post and SAL Squad. Were can I fine this information out.

Anonymous

December 22, 2013 - 12:29pm

I BELIEVE THEY CAN BE DUAL MEMBERS (BOTH LEGION & SAL) IF THEY JUST PAY DUES FOR BOTH ON THE THREE (3) PART SAL MEMBER CARD CHECK BOX FOR DUAL MEMBER IT ASKS IF MEMBER IS ALSO MEMBER OF THE LEGION ( LEGION MEMBER FIRST THEN SAL?)

Robert T Kelly Jr USN(Ret)

December 9, 2013 - 8:27pm

If he's a dual member AL & S.A.L. he should be voted on by E board or membership. many things depend on what your Post regularly done. As long as his discharge papers are good and his qualification for the Sons is in order. Again you should check his paper work. And the Legion and Sons should vote separately for his membership. V/R- Rob Kelly, Jr Vice-Commander Area 6 Detachment of California; Past commander Post 534

Pete C

November 14, 2013 - 9:47am

Just a heads up: It's the responsibility of ALL members to recruit new applicants and retain current members. While it is possible to vote down an applicant, I don't know of many reasons why you would. My squadron has SAL applicants that I "don't like", but I know that his membership dollars will go to help ALL veterans. Isn't that the real reason SAL exists? Pete C

Kentinal