Donation of clothing and furniture

I and my wife have 3 bags of cloths along with some furniture. Can we donate these items to the legion? Will the legion pickup these items?

WSloan

January 19, 2012 - 4:10pm

Typically, any local American Legion post will know of local charities or families in need of used clothing or furniture, and can facilitate getting the goods to the right families. However, you should first contact the post commander or adjutant to see if they can accept the donations or have other options for you. Call and ask!

Bill Sloan, Assistant Director, Internal Affairs

teatrubucuresti

October 30, 2012 - 9:29am

Yes, this is accurate. Donations are always encouraged. A simple phone call should do the trick.

maemcnight

May 21, 2013 - 4:06am

This is a great endeavor. This will be able to help who are those in need.

skmadan

May 21, 2013 - 8:32am

Well that is a great idea. i will love to be a part of it.
i can help through my learning process too .

Barb Condecon

November 9, 2013 - 5:37pm

We have a medium sized sofa that is cumbersome ourselves..There are 3 disabled people in our house. My husband just had back surgery ane lift big thins.. My brother just a suregery and can't lift anything above 10#. I am Post Polio patient and lifting and carrying are hard for me to do. I was wondering if you pick up things like that.

Barb Condecon

November 9, 2013 - 5:38pm

none

Barb Condecon

November 9, 2013 - 5:41pm

It is almost impossible to match the letters in the box. When I have it read it back to me it is no where near the letters I put in!!!!!

Barb Condecon

November 9, 2013 - 5:42pm

Help - I can't get past this point.

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.