TALARC NET

Forums:

How about a big hand for Craig W3CRR for a job well done on today's net. Many many check ins and I think most of us could hear most everyone. It would be nice to know how many check ins there were or maybe a list and Post #s. Lets hope next month is the same. FYI maybe a list of today's check ins would help in acknowledging next months check ins....Thanks again Craig.. 73 de WA2VFK. Lee

AC8AL

November 11, 2013 - 4:43pm

I was encouraged because at least this time I could hear the NCS a little bit. He was a 3-3 to 3-4 for the RST. At times though he would bounce to 4-4. Stations checking in were anywhere from 3-3 to 5-9+. All in all I was encouraged as this is better than it was for me at my location. He never responded to my call for checking-in so I know he could not hear me. I am in West Michigan, running 100 watts into a wire antenna, 40 feet in the air as a flat top, and running from the southeast to the northwest.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc" AC8AL

Bill AC8KO

November 11, 2013 - 6:12pm

Thanks Craig great net - I could hear everyone! Last month on 20m I could only hear and make contact was with Bill in SD. No luck today on the Veterans Day Special Event Station. I will be listening next month on 40m.

73,

Bill AC8KO

RENZ

November 11, 2013 - 7:07pm

Rich.....I also run less an 100 and an end fed dipole. We were able to hear most of the stations. Maybe next month there could be a break for relays so everyone can get checked in. Also be nice to see al list of those check ins so we can see month to month those who check in. A list would also help the moderator check off the regulars...hope to hear you next month. 73. Lee WA2VFK

AC8AL

November 11, 2013 - 10:20pm

I have been regular at attempting to check-in to the net....LOL Someday NCS will hear me and I will actually get checked-in.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc"

Craig W3CRR

November 12, 2013 - 9:33am

Thanks to all for the "net results" comments. Frankly, I was totally unprepared for the 50+ checkin-ins since -- on the old 20 meter net -- I was lucky to hear a half dozen at most. I got completely overwhelmed so, once again, apologies to those I missed. By the way, Doc", I think I did hear you several times in the huge pileups, but was unable to pick out your call. I'll getcha next time f'sure!

Also, next time I will take check-ins by call area (though that may not help much since most of you are in "8-land" and pause periodically for relays. I'll also talk less and listen more :-) .

Again, many thanks for your understanding and patience. We'll get this right, yet. Oh -- please think about establishing additional net days, times and frequencies along with recruiting additional volunteers NCSs, especially in the midwest and west.

VY 73!

Craig
W3CRR

Bill Cheney N4AAK

November 15, 2013 - 9:46pm

I keep reading about the Sunday net on 20m, but no one is giving a freq and mode. Is this in addition to the 1500 hr net on 40 on Saturday or a replacement?

Bruce N4TGZ

November 26, 2013 - 11:44pm

Bill:

Second SUNDAY of the month on 7.238 MHz LSB at 2100Z (1600 EST) as of 10 November.
73 de Bruce N4TGZ

Johnny K7ZZQ

November 16, 2013 - 7:13am

I tried checking into the net last Sunday at 1400 MST but all I could hear was noise. Is there a better time to hold the net that would take advantage of atmospheric conditions and allow more check-ins?

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.