National Emergency Fund Eligibility Critieria
- Eligibility open to Legionnaires and Sons of The American Legion members (up to $1,500) Legion Posts (up to $5,000).
- Applicant must have been displaced from their primary residence due to a declared natural disaster and provide proof of out-of-pocket expenses.
- Not meant to replace or repair items, only to meet most immediate needs (i.e., temporary housing, food, water, clothing, diapers, etc.)
- Does not cover insurance compensation or monetary losses from a business, structures on your property (barns, tool sheds, etc.,) equipment or vehicles.
- Membership must be active at time of disaster and the time of application.