Net Schedules

Forums:

Here is a great place for all to post your club's net schedules, if any, and invite others to join. TALARC/K9TAL will also post upcoming NET operations events here as well.

'73,

Bill Sloan
KC9ANG
TALARC Secretary

AC8AL

December 8, 2011 - 2:46pm

I am still visiting the various Post in my area. Right now none of them seem interested in adding amateur radio or Scouting. I will try to check in from my home station if propagation permits. Usually at that time of the night I am flooded with foreign broadcast on 40M.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc" AC8AL
US Navy Retired (PDRL)

W8DMZ

December 14, 2011 - 9:04pm

Monitoring 7.230 with beam pointed East, listening now for W3CRR and could not hear net control at all from West Michigan. Heard various stations in the noise who also checked out from non-contact. Better luck next time!
W8DMZ

KC0JPO

December 14, 2011 - 9:21pm

Tried to check in, however there was a moderate to strong SW Broadcast station on/near 7230. Could not hear Net Control, though I could hear other stations trying to check in. Would like to know if I was heard or relayed into the net. Other stations seemed to be running power, while I was only running barefoot 80-100 watts.

CWO3 USN Retired

December 14, 2011 - 9:46pm

Tried to check in but could not hear W3CRR in Va. Beach, VA. 125 pep to 40 Meter Vertical. I heard N3CMD relaying but could not break the pileup. I will keep trying and hope to make contact in a future net. George, WA4GDB, Post 110u4lcy

N6ODF

December 15, 2011 - 5:33pm

Only heard N3CMD from S. California. Tried to check in but nothing heard. Maybe another band at a different time should be considered.

AC8AL

December 17, 2011 - 10:07am

As W8DMZ said, I could not hear the NCS. All I could hear was foreign/SW broadcast stations. That is what I usually hear on 40M at that time of the night around here. I have a long wire antenna going from the northwest to the southeast strung up about 40 feet in the air. I am running barefoot too.

Best regards,
Rich "Doc" AC8AL
Sherman Moore Post 297, Ravenna MI

WSloan

December 27, 2011 - 1:06pm

For what it's worth, here are my recommendations for TALARC HF net: 0000Z to 0500Z on Sundays - 40 meters on any frequency 7.270 and above 1800Z to 2200Z on Saturdays - 20 meters on any frequency 14.280 and above.

Best of 73s Julian, N3CMD

(Submitted by email)

WSloan

January 5, 2012 - 8:58am

We've had a flood of great comments and suggestions regarding the net operations. Appreciate the encouragement as we find a band (or bands) and time (or times) to reach the greater part of the country. I can tell you that we will almost certainly utilize IRLP to expand our reach. CW is another goal for our station. K9TAL is still running barefoot at 100 watts on a donated Kenwood TS450S. We need, and are looking for, a used antenna tuner capable of handling our donated 600W linear amplifier.

Bill, KC9ANG
(K9TAL Club Secretary)

kgreenhouse

January 5, 2012 - 9:53am

On Wednesday January 04, 2012 the American Legion Post 275 (Glenarden, Maryland) Amateur Radio Team, call sign N3TAL, hosted its’ first “Vet Net” on the K3GMR (146.610 MHz) repeater courtesy of the Green Mountain Repeater Association.

The “Vet Net” will be held every Wednesday at 1930 hours local time. The purpose of the net is to provide veterans and others interested in veterans’ activities an on air forum for dissemination of information on veterans activities.

The “Vet Net” is open to all active duty military personnel, veterans from all branches of the armed forces, members of the Sons of the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, Legion Riders, members of ALL veterans’ organizations, and others interested in veterans’ activities, that hold a valid Amateur Radio Operators License.

I hope to meet you on the air.

'73,
Ken Greenhouse
KB3IIE

W8DMZ

January 18, 2012 - 10:48am

Ok Julian/N3CMD .. whatz our next step in makin' this happen? Most are ready to 'rock'n roll!' Antenna is headed in your direction! CQ CQ ....

W8DMZ

February 13, 2012 - 10:25am

Hate to say it .. but net on 10m was a flop. Conditions permitted me (here in Michigan) to easily hear KK6JB on west coast, but nothing heard from W3CRR direction. Overheard him talk to region 9, about confusion in getting net started. Lessons learned on how to conduct net gained from OMISS, Air Forces Flyers net and many others. Hopefully next months 'tribute' will be heard by (most) all. ADOPT & Overcome!

kb0nmq

February 16, 2012 - 12:14pm

Hello from Northwest Iowa,
I have been too busy at work to keep up with what is going on with TALARC. Hope to be better informed by becoming part of this group. I am part of an active radio club in NW Iowa. We have several Legion members in our group. I would like to tell them more about TALARC at our next meeting.

KA9ILL

February 25, 2012 - 3:37pm

The Old National Road Net

I would like to invite you to join us Saturday mornings on "The Old National Road Net" The pre-net starts at 8:00am and the net at 8:30 am CST on 3.965.0. Everyone is welcome!

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think