Google +LinkedInPinterestYouTubeInstagramTwitterFacebook

American Legion Name Tag

Forums:

I am getting ready to order a Blue American Legion name tag, item 790.112B, which allows for up to 4 lines of lettering. (I like the magnetic back name tags. They are much easier to keep straight.) I was thinking that on the fourth line, I would have them engrave my ham call, something along the lines of below (of course using the typical centering);

Larry Miller
Post 199
Edwardsville, IL
Amateur Radio N9LBG

A good way to "advertise" ham radio in your post or other events where you wear your name tag.

Larry

KB0FKT

March 10, 2012 - 10:36pm

I like that. It sounds like a good idea, way to get cross pr for legion and ARS

carrierguy

April 13, 2012 - 3:33pm

Just ordered a polo shirt (with pocket) from National Flag and Emblem Sales with the words "Amateur Radio Club" embroidered around the bottom of The American Legion Emblem (but not touching it) and my name and call on the right side. Delivery in May. Will post photo and price when I get it if anyone is interested.

carrierguy

April 25, 2012 - 2:39pm

The shirt just came in and it looks great. They are available from National Flag and Emblem sales with custom embroidery of your name and call. Contact Rolanda Florence in Emblem Sales Special Orders at 317-630-1245 or email at rflorence@legion.org.

WSloan

May 1, 2012 - 4:00pm

I've seen a picture of the first of these shirts and they're very nice. Rolanda can do special orders as well--if you want to outfit your post ham shack with the same shirt and post # and city, even the grid.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think