A new documentary about American Legion Chaplain Lucy Amat

My Mother, Lucy (Lucia) Amat, is a WWII Veteran, Chaplain, Historian and Speaker for American Legion Post #15, East Greenwich, Rhode Island. She is a proud Veteran and Legionnaire. She is also a vocal advocate for women in service and veterans in general. Filmmaker Kathy Decker has just created this great documentary short after hearing and reading about Lucy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSAZy-7Wlw

I wanted to pass it on. It's a very cool story (that's really the word for it!) and I believe, a well made little film. I like it a lot.

As you can tell, I am incredibly proud of my Mother. She is a brilliant and remarkable woman. Her enthusiasm is unbounded, as is her energy and spirit. She does all of her duties and then finds time to go to Karaoke 2 times a week, dancing, playing cards (she's very good), and whatever else comes up. I love her so much, and I hope you do too. She exemplifies what American spirit can be. Not bad for an 87 year old person!

Feel free to pass the link along. I mean, please do pass it along. Lucy is analog, and I told her she had gone viral!. Hmmm...She's still figuring out that idea.

You are doing such wonderful work. I believe in taking good and proper care of Veterans. They deserve that and deserve all respect. After all, they're there for us. Apologies for my verbosity, but I get so excited about it all.

Laurie Amat

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think