Google +LinkedInPinterestYouTubeInstagramTwitterFacebook

New DAILY TALARC PSK31 net!

Forums:

Word from Steve, N1AB, in Orange, Calif. is that he's hoping to establish a 20 meter PSK31 net for TALARC digital mode fans. As of today, Jan. 22, he will be calling "CQ TALARC" at 2200 UTC daily (or as his schedule permits) on or around 14.070 MHz. Watch for him on your waterfall and keyboard your answer! PSK31 is a terrific mode. It is very robust, requires very little power (50 watts is like 2 KW on SSB) and is great fun. And don’t just use your macros in your QSOs. Have a good old ragchew. It’s like texting – only better!

If you have a questions or comments about the new PSK31 net, Steve would like to hear from you directly at: n1absteve@gmail.com

Craig
W3CRR

SteveBrody

January 23, 2014 - 9:10pm

Thanks Craig
For the past two days, I have been calling CQ TALARC at 2200UTC on 20meters PSK31. So far no response, I will continue to call each day, including Saturday and Sunday as my schedule permits.
Steve
N1AB

Steve Brody N1AB

January 28, 2014 - 7:17pm

I expect to be calling CQ TALARC at 2200UTC daily. Beginning Monday, February 3rd, I will be calling CQ TALARC by region 1-0 at 2200UTC, acknowledging all who replied and then going back to each caller inviting him to talk about anything he wants. I will continue to do this daily until we can determine the best time and day to conduct this net. I invite all comments and suggestions to make the net a succcess.
STeve
N1AB

Steve Brody N1AB

February 10, 2014 - 2:10pm

I want to thank those people that did contact me using PSK31. I think that trying to hold the net at 2200Z, is not the best idea I have had, so I will move the time to 2330Z. This is 3:30PM PST and will be 4:30PM PDT. I think the band will be opened about this time. I will move the net on Tuesday Feb 11th.

Maybe what we could also do is hold a contest day for the paper chasers among us. For example, contact 25(???) TALARC members and submit a list of names, Legion member number and post number of those contacted. We could issue a nice fancy certificate. I don't know how we could make this happen, and no details of requirements have been developed. Maybe others have some ideas?
Steve N1AB

Bruce Delphia N4TGZ

February 13, 2014 - 2:04pm

Steve:
Outstanding idea. I will try to contact you today on the digital net...have not had any luck so far. My antenna is iced over today, so who knows what will happen.
Bruce

Bruce Delphia N4TGZ

February 13, 2014 - 9:01pm

Steve:
Didn't make contact with you, but I did make a contact with the Dominican Republic on 14.070.00. So a good time. Sorry - I don't usually hear CA stations on 20 meters...
Bruce

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think