Google +LinkedInPinterestYouTubeInstagramTwitterFacebook

Interested in Joining

Forums:

Hello all,

Im SPC Roy Baez-Gordils, I just be came a member and I am interested in learning more about amateur radio and would like the help in becomming certified. any guidance ?

RENZ

March 3, 2014 - 11:21am

Welcome aboard Roy. There are various places to go to get Licensed. Frat check with the ARRL for a club in your area. Many clubs give the required course(s) or can tell you were you can get the course. Joining a local club will also get you an Elmer (someone who will walk you thru all) and make friends at the same time. ARRL I think also lists where courses are given. Also some on line at Ham Radio Nation and on Face Book at Ham Teat Online. The ARRL also offers all the publications that you will need. Good Luck and let us know when you get your ticket. Best 73 de WA2VFK

AC8AL

March 5, 2014 - 9:14am

Welcome aboard Roy! Nothing more that I can add to what Renz mentioned. When you get the opportunity perhaps you can let us know where you are stationed or residing. Spring time brings a lot of Ham Festivals that tend to cater to that newly licensed ham. Sometimes that is free admission or a vendor will provide a discount. Great way to pickup some UBG (Used But Good) radios.

Best regards,
Doc, AC8AL

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think