Google +LinkedInPinterestYouTubeInstagramTwitterFacebook

Starting a post club

Forums:

My name is Doug Mason (KG7KGL). I am aa member of Corvallis Post #91, Department of Montana. Our post is putting together a ham radio club. I have read all the information on the legion website, but I am looking for a checklist. Has anyone started a post club? If you have do you have a step by step checklist that we could use to get the club off the ground.

Sincerely,
Doug

WSloan

May 13, 2014 - 8:16am

This is a terrific idea. We here at TALARC/K9TAL don't always have the practical experience of members who have actually put a local club together. Such a checklist would be a valuable addition to the website. Anyone have ideas?

AC8AL

May 16, 2014 - 8:45pm

When our post formed we did not follow a set checklist. We asked the membership of the post, auxiliary, and SAL if there was in interest. There was! Next, we obtained permission from the post officers to form. They had no problems at all. Next, we promoted the post TALARC group in mailing, meetings, and phone calls. We continue to promote too. Promotion, recruiting, and retention should be ongoing. Next, it was to secure leadership (just like any club). Leadership was based upon a chain of command similar to a amateur radio club and post. We began to have meetings next. Developed a program for the year which includes licensing classes and test.

Best regards,
AC8AL

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture.
Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think