Shop Online at Emblem Sales
Google +LinkedInPinterestYouTubeInstagramTwitterFacebook

Local State Dept Amateur Radio

Forums:

From what I can tell there are only two sub amateur radio departments, CALARS (California American Legion Amateur Radio Service) and a Son of the American Legion post in Maryland. Why are there not any more state department amateur radio organizations?

AC8AL

August 23, 2014 - 3:01pm

I have promoted TALARC here in Michigan. I have spoken with our Department of Michigan officials and even the PR person. The Department simply has no interest in or promoting the program. I am thankful that I was able to at least get an article and some pictures published in the Department's Newsletter after Post # 297's TALARC group assisted NWS with storm spotting, INVEST, reports, and photos following a tornado last year.

Best regards

Daniel Cameron

March 29, 2015 - 4:17pm

There does seem to be more of a push for TALARC this year (2015). Promote your Post on the monthly nets and try and get a state net going. CALARS is becoming very popular so it shouldn't be too hard. Try getting with your local ARES group/net and let them know about it and maybe you can combine a net.

DocStrait

April 11, 2015 - 12:32am

Update from Michigan on the current status of TALARC. Currently nothing has changed. I have spoken to the Department staff and PR folks about promoting TALARC and it is not getting any support. If I sent an article for the Department newsletter it will be published if there is space. At the post level there is no interest either and truly is where it must start. Several of us have promoted TALARC at the posts, nets, various organization meetings, VE sessions, conferences, and more. We will continue to at least provide the services that TALARC is committed to bring. Eventually we hope it will catch on.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <p>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture. Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.

Tell us what you think