The following information from the FCC is provided regarding the current government shutdown:
Federal Communications Commission
We regret the disruption, but during the Federal Government-wide shutdown, the FCC is limited to performing duties that are immediately necessary for the safety of life or the protection of property. FCC online systems will not be available until further notice.
• FCC Shutdown Plan: http://www.fcc.gov/Plan-for-Orderly-Shutdown-September-2013.pdf
• Public Notice on Procedures for Filings: http://www.fcc.gov/DOC-323568-Procedures-for-Filings.pdf
• Notice Regarding Pending Section 214 Applications Due to the Lapse in Appropriations: http://www.fcc.gov/DA-13-2020-Section-214-Apps.pdf
• Auction 902 Short-Form Application Filing Window Suspended: http://www.fcc.gov/DA-13-2014-Auction-902.pdf
• Informal Transaction Shot Clocks Suspended During Lapse in Funding: http://www.fcc.gov/DOC-323563-Transaction-Shot-Clocks.pdf
• Postponement of October 2, 2013 E911 Location Accuracy Workshop: http://www.fcc.gov/DA-13-2019-E911-Workshop.pdf
If you need to contact the FCC to address an emergency situation, please call: (202) 418-1122 or email: FCCOPCenter@fcc.gov.
Telecommunications companies must continue to use the Network Outage Reporting System (NORS) (https://www.fcc.gov/nors/outage/), which will remain available during the shutdown, to file reports of telecommunication service disruptions pursuant to Part 4 of the FCC's rules. NORS allows companies to file Notifications, Initial Reports and Final Reports. The information on service disruptions is essential to maintain and improve the reliability and security of the telecommunications infrastructure.
Vacancy announcements for positions that were open for receipt of applications have been closed and will re-open when the Government is operational.
During this time, the FCC is not accepting any deliveries of supplies, or services that have not been identified as necessary for the safety of life or the protection of property.
The Commission has issued a Public Notice (http://www.fcc.gov/DOC-323568-Procedures-for-Filings.pdf) concerning procedures for submissions that would be due to the FCC during the shutdown.