The 120-pound concrete American Legion Emblem was originally installed on the post building located at 321 South Santa Fe Ave., Vista, Calif., in 1948.
In 2010, shortly after our move, Rich Scott (left) single-handedly removed the emblem from the old building, sand blasted it and turned it over to Ray Johnson (center) who repainted the emblem. Tom Williams (right) built the steel frame and on May 15, 2013, Frank Fundak and Jerry Moore installed the historic piece on the wall of our new facility where it will be proudly displayed for another 65 years!
Thanks gentlemen for preserving a valuable piece of history!
Christopher Yates - Commander Post 365