According to its Centennial Celebration page, "Post 64 built its own building of log construction at 235 W. 10th St. in Salida in 1935. The original building is still used for post meetings and rented out for various community activities." The post received its permanent charter in 1921.
Known as the “Legion Hut,” the building has a kitchen and a second floor, and at one point had a live-in caretaker. For years, square dancing was among the many activities held in the Hut. The post occasionally holds fundraisers for maintenance.