Five. According to the post's page on the Centennial Celebration website, "At the end of World War II, NO-VEL Post 159 came to life. Fifteen charter members applied for, and received, a temporary charter on April 20, 1946. The name NO-VEL was chosen by using the first letter of each community from which the membership was derived: Nokomis, Osprey, Venice, Englewood and Laurel. On May 25, 1952, the permanent charter was received."
The post is located in Venice; the other four communities are 13 miles or less from there.