A new American Legion mobile app offers several reasons to join the nation's largest veterans service organization, along with a direct route to join, renew, donate or find a local post from any smartphone or electronic tablet. The app is now available through iTunes and the Google Play Store. Download the free app here .
The new app includes the following channels:
- Our Mission: The Legion's role in advocacy, troop support, youth programs and Americanism is stated in simple terms.
- How We Help: A brief explanation of the ways in which The American Legion fulfills its mission to assist veterans, military personnel, families and communities.
- Member Benefits: A listing of membership benefits, from discounts on hotels and prescription drugs to a one-year subscription to The American Legion Magazine.
- Find a Post: Search either by ZIP code or by simply allowing your phone to find your current location. American Legion post addresses, maps and directions are presented, as well as phone numbers and websites.
- Join: The app provides easy access to The American Legion's online membership application platform and the ability join or renew using a credit card.
- The app offers easy access to The American Legion Charities mobile giving page and the ability to make fast, secure, tax-deductible donations.
- There is no faster, easier way to access American Legion Facebook and Twitter pages than through the new app. Under "Follow Us," you can keep up with the latest news and information and jump into the social media conversation.
- A variety of photos and videos housed on the organization's YouTube channel flow into the app.
- Anyone with a current membership number can easily renew with a credit or debit card.
- All three American Legion National Headquarters locations – Indianapolis, the Geiger Operations Center and 1608 K Street in Washington – are listed and mapped with contact phone numbers and website links.