Adopted October 1996, Revised May 1999 by the National Executive Committee
- Squadrons and Detachments are encouraged to set up and maintain Web pages promoting the Sons of The American Legion, provided they follow a few simple guidelines.
- No individual should maintain a Web Home Page representing any Sons of The American Legion Squadron, District or Detachment without the knowledge and consent of that Squadron, District or Detachment and its sponsoring Post or Department.
- The person who places a Home Page on the Web supporting and/or promoting the Sons of The American Legion is responsible for notifying the National Headquarters of the Sons of The American Legion in writing of such page's existence and providing the National Headquarters with the new Home Page's URL.
- When using emblems of the Sons of The American Legion, The American Legion, and/or The American Legion Auxiliary, be sure to use a high-quality graphic. Several pages already exist which utilize quality scans of the emblem. You may wish to ask permission to download a copy of theirs if your own scan is of questionable quality.
- All Web pages related to the Sons of The American Legion must contain a link to the Sons of The American Legion Home Page (found at http://www.legion.org/sons ) and The American Legion Home Page (found at http://www.legion.org ).
- It's recommended that Home Pages contain one or more links to other Squadrons' Home Pages(this is recommended as a courtesy, not a requirement).
- Web Home Pages should minimize use of the abbreviation "S.A.L." All efforts should be made to spell out the organization's true name, the Sons of The American Legion.
- Web pages promoting the Sons of The American Legion must not contain commercial advertisements or for-profit promotional plugs or links to such pages/sites.
- Web pages related to the Sons of The American Legion must not contain any nude or pornographic images or otherwise objectionable material or links to pages containing such material.
Sons of The American Legion Home Pages should contain information pertaining to local, state and/or national programs and projects as well as links to pages that give detailed information on the programs, goals, and ideals of The American Legion and the Sons of The American Legion.
If you need help in the design of your squadron's web site contact us and we can provide answers and basic web site layouts if needed.