Shop Online at Emblem Sales
Google +LinkedInPinterestYouTubeInstagramTwitterFacebook
USAA is The American Legion's preferred provider of financial services. Offering a range of top-rated financial and insurance products and services. USAA welcomes honorably discharged U.S. military veterans, active-duty troops and qualified family members and descendants of those who have served. USAA contributes funds to American Legion programs when members join through a dedicated channel: or by calling toll-free at 1-877-699-2654.

Financial Questions & Answers

Financial Questions & Answers


I have been researching combat related special compensation (CRSC), and I cannot find a calculator that can tell me how much I will make. Could someone please let me know how to figure it out or send me to a website that can do the math for me? – Richard


CRSC is not really “extra” money in your paycheck. Rather, it is compensation to make up for the reduction of military retirement due to receipt of VA compensation for a combat-related injury. Generally, if you receive VA compensation for a disability (less than 50 percent), your military retirement is reduced by that same amount. However, if you qualify for CSRC, you would receive a payment to offset the offset. In other words, your pay would be the same. Here’s a link to the DFAS website that explains how it works.