You've earned the right to a higher education through your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. But how do you use your GI Bill benefits? Which version is right for you? The Legion can help answer questions about state and/or federal education benefits, who can use them, and how long.

State Education Benefits

« Back to State Education Benefits



Indiana changes amount of aid
Indiana will give $307.01 of aid per credit hour to in-state veterans, as decided on June 11, 2009. Formerly, Indiana offered $230.05 per credit hour. The maximum total fees covered per term now total $11,415.00.

Indiana National Guard Educational Benefits:
Full tuition paid when attending state colleges or universities for first associates or bachelors degree.
Eligibility: Indiana National Guard members. Apply through unit education personnel.

Indiana Out-of-State Soldier Tuition Assistance:
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels signed into law Senate Enrolled Act 480 (May 2007), which allows in-state tuition rates for out-of-state soldiers assigned to Indiana.

Indiana National Guard / Reserve Educational Assistance:
Eligible members of the National Guard/Reserve and currently drilling National Guard/Reserve members that served on active duty for at least 90 days after Sept. 11, 2001, may be eligible for an educational assistance allowance for participation in approved apprenticeship and/or on-the-job training programs. Contact your National Guard / Reserve unit to determine eligibility for Chaper 1606 and Chapter 1607 benefits.

Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs
302 Washington Street, Room E120
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2738
Phone: (317) 232-3914
Fax: (317) 232-7721