You've earned the right to a higher education through your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. But how do you use your GI Bill benefits? Which version is right for you? The Legion can help answer questions about state and/or federal education benefits, who can use them, and how long.

State Education Benefits

« Back to State Education Benefits



Kansas Board of Regents Tuition Fee Information for Military:
Applicants may pay resident tuition and fees at educational institutions supervised and coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents. The State Board of Regents also provides tuition assistance to Kansas National Guard members through the National Guard Educational Assistance Program.
Eligibility: Active-duty military personnel and their spouse or dependent children, if the military member is assigned to a full-time duty station in Kansas and the spouse or dependent children are living in Kansas. The spouse and dependents of military personnel who died as a result of active military service on or after Sept. 11, 2001, are eligible for a waiver of tuition and fees at any educational institution supervised and coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents, so long as the student remains a resident of Kansas.

Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance Program:
Servicemember can receive up to 100 percent coverage of tuition and fees based on funding. The award shall not exceed the amount of the tuition charged by the educational intuition minus any amount received from a government agency, an educational institution, charity, public education trust or other entity.
Eligibility: National Guard enlisted servicemembers attending a state-supported university, community college or vocational school. Soldiers will be required to serve in the Kansas National Guard for an additional period equal to 50 percent of the duration of benefits received (three months for each semester paid).

Kansas Commission on Veterans' Affairs
700 Southwest Jackson Street
Jayhawk Towers, Suite 701
Topeka, KS 66603
Phone: (785) 296-3976
Fax: (785) 296-1462