You've earned the right to a higher education through your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. But how do you use your GI Bill benefits? Which version is right for you? The Legion can help answer questions about state and/or federal education benefits, who can use them, and how long.

State Education Benefits

« Back to State Education Benefits



In-State Tuition for Service Members
Stationed in Mississippi:

Military personnel stationed in Mississippi are classified as state residents for the purposes of payment of tuition at state colleges and universities.

The Mississippi Army National Guard State Educational Assistance Program:
Pays tuition up to $250 per hour, maximum $4,500 per year to state supported colleges for soldiers not authorized FTA as funds are available. GPA of 2.0 minimum is required. Associates and/or bachelors degree only.
Eligibility: MS Army National Guard members.

Mississippi Air National Guard
Tuition Assistance:

Mississippi Air National Guard members receive tuition assistance: maximum of $4,500.00 per School year for state supported community and senior colleges.
Eligibility: MS Air National Guard members.

Mississippi National Guard Education Benefits: The Adjutant General is authorized to pay the tuition for any member in good standing with the active Mississippi National Guard who is enrolled within the State of Mississippi in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational education school or junior college and who is not eligible for GI Bill educational assistance and who meets requirements specified in Mississippi law.

Mississippi State Veterans Affairs Board
3466 Highway 80 East
P.O. Box 5947
Pearl, MS 39288-5947
Phone: 601-576-4867
Fax: 601-576-4868