You've earned the right to a higher education through your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. But how do you use your GI Bill benefits? Which version is right for you? The Legion can help answer questions about state and/or federal education benefits, who can use them, and how long.

State Education Benefits

« Back to State Education Benefits



Fee Waiver for Honorably Discharged
Montana Veterans:

Waiver of fees (depends on tuition at the school) These fee waivers are only available at: Montana State University at Billings, Bozeman, and Northern; the University of Montana at Missoula; Montana Tech of the University of Montana, the University of Montana College of Technology at Missoula; Western Montana College of the University of Montana; Montana State University College of Technology at Billings and Great Falls; and Helena College of Technology of the University of Montana.
Eligibility: Honorably discharged Montana residents who served during wartime and are ineligible for financial aid under federal laws.

Montana National Guard Tuition Assistance:
$1450 per semester for a full-time student (12 credits or more) attending a Montana State Institution of higher learning or VA approved Montana training program in an undergraduate/degree-granting program and having their Commander’s recommendation.
Eligibility: National Guard service member.

Montana National Guard Scholarship Program:
Eligible applicants may receive up to $1,200.00 per semester based on full-time student status on available funding.
Eligibility: National Guard members with less than 16 years service for pay and a 6-year service obligation.

Montana State Approving Agency
P.O. Box 202501
Helena, MT 59620-2501
Phone: 406-444-4122
Fax: 406-444-1373