You've earned the right to a higher education through your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. But how do you use your GI Bill benefits? Which version is right for you? The Legion can help answer questions about state and/or federal education benefits, who can use them, and how long.

Questions & Answers

« Back to Education Questions & Answers

Will I be able to receive federal financial aid when I enroll in college?

Veterans education benefits are not considered in determining eligibility for federal financial aid (the question has been removed from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, form). Every state/school sets its own policies for determining how veterans education benefits affect state and local aid. I strongly encourage all veterans to apply for federal financial aid, because many qualify for additional educational funds such as Pell Grants.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 - 3:09pm