You've earned the right to a higher education through your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. But how do you use your GI Bill benefits? Which version is right for you? The Legion can help answer questions about state and/or federal education benefits, who can use them, and how long.

Questions & Answers

« Back to Education Questions & Answers

As discharge nears, what are the proper steps to enroll in college?

One of the biggest decisions you need to make is what college, university or trade school you will be attending. Begin by looking at that institute's Web site. The first thing you will need to do is complete the application form. There also may be a fee, depending on the institution. Then they will request that you send in all of your transcripts from each institution that you have attended. This includes military transcripts. All the training you completed while you were in the military may count toward your educational goals. Most universities, colleges and trades schools will accept your military credit.

For a list of schools that accept military credit, visit on the Web.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 3:43pm