The American Legion 100 Miles for Hope
The American Legion’s second annual 100 Miles for Hope has been expanded for 2021. There are two options for you to register and participate. Choose one.
In order to allow participants to track their activities and encourage others to fundraise, we are using an app from a company called Kilter. Choose one of the following to get started:
HOW TO REGISTER VIA KILTER APP
1) Register via Kilter and join our activity challenge, donate and fundraise for The American Legion. Every participant receives a medal to celebrate their achievement. It's easy and takes less than a minute.
2) Download the free Kilter app in the app store
3) Choose Sign In (top right)
4) Go to the Events tab > My Events (100 Miles For Hope will automatically come up as you've already registered!)
5) Complete your profile and connect your devices. Don’t forget to set a goal!
6) Share! Tell all your family members and friends you’re participating in The American Legion's 100 Miles for Hope that raises funds to support veterans and military families. Share your story on Legiontown, post to social media and send e-mails.
7) For a step-by-step approach on how to use the Kilter app, check out this video.
HOW TO REGISTER VIA EMBLEM SALES
This option is recommended for those who do not have a smartphone, are registering multiple family members such as minor children or grandchildren, or do not care about tracking their activities. They may register via this page on Emblem Sales. From that page, regardless of which way you register, you may also purchase your choice of commemorative gear that benefits the Veterans & Children Foundation.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Complete daily wellness activities of at least a half-hour and accumulate points. You can complete up to three wellness activities each day that count toward your total. There are more than 40 different activities to choose from. And if your activity isn’t represented on the app, you can create a manual activity that will count. Also, there are ways to receive bonus points! Check the app to find out how.
- Click this link to learn more about how to track your efforts, see a list of activities, and how to add manual ones.
HOW TO HELP VETERANS & CHILDREN FOUNDATION
- After registering, head over to Emblem Sales to view a collection of commemorative 100 Miles for Hope merchandise that you can purchase to support the V&CF. This year, we have new tech shirts, sweatshirts, baseball caps, a pin, a patch for Legion Riders and a challenge coin. All proceeds go directly toward the foundation.
- Use the app’s individual donation tool to encourage friends and family to support your personal wellness goal as well as the V&CF with a donation.