After an overwhelming success in its first year, The American Legion 100 Miles for Hope was expanded in 2021. Thanks to a recommendation from The American Legion Riders National Advisory Committee, a special event for American Legion Riders kicked off in June.
Now through Sept. 6, chapters and individuals can join The American Legion 100 Miles for Hope Riders challenge and receive awards, based on which tier levels they reach. The details:
HOW TO REGISTER
Go to the Kilter Riders Challenge page and click REGISTER, choose your Chapter as your Team, and pay your entry fee. (When you register, you will also want to place yourself in your chapter. If you don’t see your chapter listed, reach out to email@example.com to create it.)
1. If you have already signed up for 100 Miles for Hope, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the free code for the event.
2. If you haven’t already, download the FREE Kilter app.
3. Choose Sign In (top right) using the username and password you used for registration.
4. Go to the Events tab > My Events (you're already in!)
5. Complete your profile and connect your devices. Don’t forget to set a goal!
6. OPTIONAL: During the event, as you complete rides, upload the total time in minutes you were out on the road along with the date and a small description of your ride. Every minute riding = one point! (This is for fun only. We are using the honor system for the totals for minutes.)
7. Help support The American Legion’s Veterans & Children Foundation with the individual donation function and the peer-to-peer feature. Choose GET DONATIONS in the event to ask your friends and family to support your personal wellness goal as well as The American Legion’s foundation that benefits veterans and military families with children.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY
1. Click DONATE to contribute at any time!
2. Click GET DONATIONS to use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends, family and colleagues to support your wellness goal in this event by pledging to donate on your behalf.
3. Email! Email! Email! The number one way to get friends and family to know about your fundraiser is to email them! Yes, people still check their email. We suggest sending three to five emails during the duration of your campaign with updates, sharing your story and shout-outs to donors. Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
HOW TO SUBMIT DONATIONS FROM A FUNDRAISER
If your Riders chapter hosts a fundraising event, you can submit those donations in one lump sum to the Veterans & Children Foundation through the Kilter app and get credit for the appropriate tier level.
In order for the donation to count for your chapter (team) on the Kilter page, a representative from the Riders chapter will need to deposit the total amount raised into the chapter's account and make a donation via the Kilter app. Simply use the DONATE button on the event homescreen with a credit or debit card.
HOW TO TRACK YOUR RIDES (OPTIONAL)
Manually Record Activities. Click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Choose “Ride”, enter the total time (in minutes) you were out on the road along with the date and a small description of your ride. Every minute riding = 1 point! You must input your ride within 48 hours of completing the activity to earn points.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING THIS EVENT. GOOD LUCK!