Nominees are due Jan. 15 for The American Legion's National Economic Awards, which recognize businesses that employ veterans, disabled veterans and older people. Individuals who help veterans find employment are also honored. Each year, recipients are invited to the national convention, where they receive certificates recognizing their service to those who have served our country.
Nomination forms for each award are available through American Legion department headquarters. All entries must be accompanied by an official nomination form with no more than two pages of narrative, along with supporting documents.
The awards are split into the following categories:
- Employer of the Year - Small Business, Mid-Sized Business and Large Business
- Employer of the Disabled Award
- Employer of Older Workers Award
- Local Veterans Employment Representative of the Year
- Outstanding Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist of the Year
- Outstanding Employment Service Office of the Year