This spring and summer, DoD is sponsoring nine “Hiring Heroes” career fairs specifically organized for injured servicemembers, veterans, spouses and primary caregivers.
Registration is free, except for the two career fairs scheduled in San Antonio. Boot space is limited, so exhibitors are encouraged to register early.
The schedule is:
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center – March TBD
- Fort Sam Houston, Texas – March 8
- San Antonio Military Career Fair – March 23
- Fort Riley, Kansas – April 19
- Camp Pendleton, Calif. – July 13
- Fort Lewis, Wash. – Aug. 10
- Fort Sam Houston, Texas – Sept. 20
- San Antonio Military Career Fair – TBD
- Possible overseas events – late summer
For more information about the career fairs, contact Karen Hannah, Hiring Heroes program manager, at (703) 696-6241.
Additional contacts for event coordinators of specific Hiring Heroes career fairs are:
- Fort Sam Houston and Camp Pendleton event coordinator: Ty Redmon at (703) 696-6243.
- Fort Riley and Fort Lewis event coordinator: Sylvia Parker at (703) 696-8672.
- Walter Reed and possible overseas events: Ronnie Riley at (703) 696-6239.