Gaither M. Keener Jr.
Shawn Long, CPA
Corporate Financial Controller
- To prepare the yearly budget and the handling of funds under that budget;
- Such other duties as shall be prescribed by the NEC, subject to the approval of the NEC.
(See Article I, Section 5, of the National By-Laws of The American Legion.)
Assigned to the Finance Commission for supervision and coordination are:
- American Legion Charities, Inc. Trust: American Legion Charities benefits various programs and charities focused on the men and women who have served The United States of America in its armed forces, and the families who support those servicemembers.
- American Legion PUFL Membership Trust
- Scholarship Trust Fund
- September 11, 2001, Memorial Scholarship Trust
- Overseas Graves Decoration Trust: Charged with the custody, control and administration of the fund, the earnings on which are to honor, preserve and decorate the graves of those who served in the world wars who lie buried overseas, and such other purposes as may be assigned to it by the National Executive Committee.
The American Legion Endowment Fund Corporation is not a part of any commission, but submits its reports to the NEC through the Finance Commission, as does the American Legion Child Welfare Foundation.
View the 2022 Finance Commission Report.