The following are five American Legion membership recruiting tips to help you meet National Commander Charles E. Schmidt's 100,000 new members goal:
- Always be ready with a two to three-minute “elevator pitch” on the importance and benefits of Legion membership.
- Download the Legion app at www.legion.org/mobileapps. You’ll be ready to sign up members on the spot.
- If your department has invested in door hangers ( www.legion.org/membership/tools), get some and modify with your post information. You’re now ready to reach out to potential members even if you’re not face-to-face.
- Keep a few membership applications handy.
- Have a supply of “Why You Should Belong,” “This Is The American Legion” and “How We Help” brochures for informational/recruitment events.