Ongoing restrictions and uncertainties related to the global COVID-19 pandemic has forced The American Legion National Headquarters to cancel summer events and programs. The following are current updates to those 2020 cancellations.
- Boys Nation in Washington, D.C. and the awarding of the Samsung American Legion Scholarships. It is through the Boys State and Girls State programs that participants are afforded eligibility to apply for the Samsung American Legion Scholarship.
- 3-Position Air Rifle National Championship in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- National Membership Workshop
- Legion Baseball Regionals
- American Legion Baseball World Series in Shelby, N.C. And the awarding of American Legion Baseball scholarships.
- Legacy Run
- National Convention in Louisville, Ky. The 102nd National Convention is now scheduled for Aug. 27 – Sept. 2, 2021, in Phoenix.
Terms of currently serving national officers, including National Commander James W. Oxford, are extended until then. Nationally appointed American Legion commission and committee chairpersons will also remain in their positions until the 2021 Fall Meetings of the National Executive Committee. The convention cancellation and extension of national officer terms are within the authority of the National Executive Committee, according to The American Legion’s constitution and bylaws.
- Combined Americanism Conference in Indianapolis
- National Children & Youth Conference in Indianapolis