I qualify for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits and am enrolled at a private university, for which there is a yearly tuition cap. Will I still receive my monthly housing allowance?

VA will pay a private or foreign school lesser of the actual net cost for tuition and fees after any waiver, scholarship, aid or assistance provided directly to the institution and specifically designated for defraying tuition and fees, up to $21,970.46 for the academic year Aug. 1, 2016, through July 31, 2017. Ask your school if it participates in the Yellow Ribbon program to help with any extra tuition and fees once you have met that yearly cap. If you meet the tuition cap, the school will still certify you for your benefits to receive your monthly housing allowance.