I am in the Army Reserve and have a 2-year-old daughter. How long do I have to serve in the Selected Reserve to be able to transfer my educational benefits to her?

To transfer your benefits to your daughter, you must have at least six years of service in the armed forces – active duty or Selected Reserve – and agree to serve four additional years from the date of election, or you must have 10 years of service on the date of approval, be precluded by standard policy or statute from committing to four additional years, and agree to serve for the maximum amount of time. Remember, all transfer requests are submitted and approved while you are in the armed forces.
You can transfer up to 36 months of unused educational benefits to your daughter as long as you do so before you separate or retire from the military.