TALARC Net Schedule
- 20 METERS: 2ND SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH, 14.275 MHz, 1800 UTC with Net Control, Bill, KI0CW, and Asst. Net Control, Everett, WA3DVO.
- 40 METERS: EVERY SUNDAY: The California American Legion Amateur Radio Service (CALARS) meets every Sunday on 7.278 MHz at 2200 UTC. All TALARC members are welcome to check in. Dan Curry - K6DLC, American Legion Post 585, District 26 - Amateur Radio Coordinator.
- 40 METERS: 3RD SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH, near 7.274 MHz, Terry, KE6RWB, brings 40-meter LSB to our list of nets. Please point your antennae to Cottonwood, Arizona and check in with Terry and American Legion Post 25 every third Sunday of each month at 0000 UTC.
- 80 METERS: EVERY WEDNESDAY, K5TAL Net of the Gautier-Vancleave Post 1992, Gautier, MS holds a net on or near 3.825 MHz at 0100 UTC. TALARC members from MS, AL, LA, AR, TN and TX (and anywhere else) are welcome and encouraged to join in.
IRLP (Internet Radio Linking Project) www.irlp.net. IRLP provides worldwide communication using standard UHF/VHF radios. Great network!
- The combined IRLP/Echolink net, normally the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 0200 UTC at the IRLP Node 9735 (Crossroads Reflector)/Echolink *CROSSRDS* Conference, courtesy of Dave, K9DC. Anyone interested in holding a monthly net as national net control? Contact email@example.com.
D-Star also provides worldwide communication with D-STAR capable transceivers and access to the internet.
- The TALARC D-Star Net is held the first Monday of each month at 0100Z at Ref56C, Net Control operators are from our own Danville, Kentucky American Legion Post 46/ Wilderness Road Amateur Radio Club W4CDA.
- K5TAL of Mississippi Post 1992 also accept quick D-Star checkins during their weekly 40m and 80m nets via REF 058B. If you know how, set your text to your call sign/K5TAL (ex: K9TAL/K5TAL). Net Control will acknowledge at end of net.
- The EchoLink net is held the second Saturday of each month at 1700 UTC for those hams unable to transmit via IRLP or other digital/VoIP modes on Conference Node *FMCA-ARC*. Download Echolink to your PC or mobile device. Net is currently suspended—if anyone is interested in becoming the national Echolink Net Control, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TALARC Monthly Nets
National EchoLink and 20-Meter Nets meet the 2nd Saturday of each month.
Echolink NCS is Marty, W9WMJ, 20M Net Controls are Bill KIØCW, SD and Everett WA3DVO, MD.
National 40-Meter Net meets the 3rd Sunday of each month.
40M Net Control is Terry, KE6RWB, AZ.
National/Regional 80m Net meets every Wednesday.
Net Control is Don KA5DON, and Mississippi Post 1992 Radio Club K5TAL.
The National D-Star Net meets the 1st Monday of each month. D-Star Net Control is George, KM4QOY, and members of American Legion Post 46/ Wilderness Road Amateur Radio Club W4CDA.
|Mode||Day||Date||Time [Zulu]||Where to find the Net|
|D-STAR KM4QOY||1st Monday||Jan 7||0100 UTC||D-Star REF56C|
|IRLP (with Echolink)||2nd Wednesday||Jan 9||0200 UTC||*CROSSRDS*
IRLP Node 9735
|EchoLink||2nd Saturday||Jan 12||1700 UTC||*FMCA-ARC*
|HF (20M)||2nd Saturday||Jan 12||1800 UTC||14.275 MHz [+/- 5 kHz]|
|HF (40M) KE6RWB||3rd Sunday||Jan 20||0000 UTC||7.274 MHz [+/- 5 KHz]|
|HF (80M)(Weekly) K5TAL||Every Wednesday||Jan 2, 9, 16, 23, 30||0100 UTC||3.825 MHz [+/- 5 KHz]|
|D-STAR KM4QOY||1st Monday||Feb 4||0100 UTC||D-Star REF56C|
Interested in taking on the challenge of starting a national or regional TALARC net and acting as net control, either HF or VHF/UHF, including IRLP or modes such as AM, CW or digital? Contact the Legion National Headquarters via email: email@example.com. Let us know your idea for a particular region, what might be the best time/day schedule for you, and what mode and bands you'd like to try. We'd be particularly interested in finding an American Legion post amateur radio station to join K5TAL, MS Post 1992, and KM4QOY, KY Post 46, in anchoring a permanent TALARC net. We'll even post your operating schedule here!
Updated: Jan 7, 2019