TALARC Net Schedule
- 20 METERS: 2ND SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH, 14.275 MHz, 1800 UTC with Net Control, Bill, KI0CW, and Asst. Net Control, Everett, WA3DVO.
- 40 METERS: EVERY SUNDAY: The California American Legion Amateur Radio Service (CALARS) meets every Sunday on 7.278 MHz at 2000 UTC (1300 PDT). Dan Curry - K6DLC, American Legion Post 585, District 26 - Amateur Radio Coordinator.
- 80 METERS: EVERY WEDNESDAY, K5TAL Net of the Gautier-Vancleave Post 1992, Gautier, MS holds a net on or near 3.829 MHz at 0030 UTC (2330 UTC after March 10). TALARC members from MS, AL, LA, AR, TN and TX (and anywhere else) are welcome and encouraged to join in.
- A new All-Voice Digital Net operates every Thursday at 0100 UTC, and is hosted by K5TAL at Mississippi American Legion Post 1992. See www.openquad.net for details about using your radio's DMR, D-Star, System Fusion, and other digital voice modes on a common net! Net Control is Lee, K5CUB, MS.
- The TALARC D-Star Net is held the first Monday of each month at 0100Z on Reflector 56C. NCS is George KM4QOY from the Danville, Kentucky, American Legion Post 46/ Wilderness Road Amateur Radio Club, W4CDA.
- K5TAL of Mississippi Post 1992 also accepts quick D-Star checkins during their weekly 80m nets via Reflector 58B. If you know how, set your text to your call sign/K5TAL (ex: K9TAL/K5TAL). Net Control will acknowledge at end of net.
- A new EchoLink conference node, *TALARC*, operates continuously with a net each second Wednesday of the month at 0500Z, courtesy of Shannon, W6SPY, and Idaho Post 155 ARC, N7ALR. This conference node is available to any TALARC club or post that would like to conduct their own scheduled nets. Contact Shannon, W6SPY, through email@example.com
- Also, consider checking in to our long-standing EchoLink net on the second Saturday of each month at 1700 UTC on the *FMCA-ARC* EchoLink Conference Node, which is hosted by the Family Motor Coach Association Amateur Radio Club. EchoLink NCS is Marty, W9WMJ, IN.
TALARC 2020 Net Operations
|Mode||Day||Date||Time [Zulu]||Where to find the Net|
|D-STAR KM4QOY||1st Monday||Jan 6||0100 UTC||D-Star REF56C|
|EchoLink K9TAL||2nd Saturday||Jan 11||1700 UTC||*FMCA-ARC*|
|HF (20M)||2nd Saturday||Jan 11||1800 UTC||14.275 MHz [+/- 5 kHz]|
|EchoLink N7ALR||2nd Wednesday||Jan 8||0500 UTC||*TALARC*|
|HF (80M) K5TAL||Every Wednesday||Jan 1, 8, 15, 22, 29||0030 UTC||3.829 MHz [+/- 10 KHz]|
|Digital, All Voice K5TAL||Every Thursday||Jan 2, 9, 16, 23, 30||0100 UTC||See www.openquad.net|
|D-STAR KM4QOY||1st Monday||Feb 3||0100 UTC||D-Star REF56C|
Are you interested in taking on the challenge of starting a national or regional TALARC net and acting as net control, either HF or VHF/UHF, including IRLP or modes such as AM, CW or digital? Contact the Legion National Headquarters via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know your idea for a particular region, what might be the best time/day schedule for you, and what mode and bands you'd like to try. We'd be particularly interested in finding an American Legion post amateur radio station that would like to sponsor TALARC nets. We'll post your operating schedule here!
Updated: Jan 7, 2020