This the 30-pound Parrott rifle was made in Washington, DC in 1861 and was on the USS Hartford, the flagship of Admiral David Farragut during the battle of Mobile Bay. Dedicated on July 4, 1902, it was originally located on the grounds of the Grove Street School. It was later moved to Sunrise Highway.
Date of Installation:
July 4, 1902
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Grand Army of the Republic, Dandridge B. P. Mott Post No. 527
Memorial War Era(s):
Sunrise Highway and Centre Street
Published on April 26, 2019