A base of Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania area stone with a cannon mounted on top with an inscripted plaque mounted to stone. The original monument was in the parking lot of a bank that had closed, abandoned for years, then found and cared for by Steve Quigley along with his son who ran a towing company nearby. The monument was shown on the local news. A shopping center was to be built on the grounds where this monument to the Vietnam veterans stood. After a few years the Brandywine Mills shopping center opened and the developer (Peter S. Miller of Carlino Commercial Development) held true to his promise to protect this monument and provide a beautiful new home for all to visit and enjoy.
Date of Installation:
November 11, 1966
Memorial War Era(s):
1751 Wilmington Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19342
Published on February 20, 2020