The memorial was dedicated to the first controlled release of nuclear energy on December 2, 1942. The dedication took place on the site of the sculpture.
Date of Installation:
December 2, 1967
Organization Responsible for Installation:
City of Chicago; B.F. Ferguson Monument Fund; Dept. of Interior, NPS.
Memorial War Era(s):
5625 S. Ellis Avenue, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois.
Published on May 17, 2020