Originally an honor roll monument memorializing those from Dravosburg, Pennsylvania who served in World War II. It was expanded and re-purposed at a later date as a general memorial to all who served, regardless of the time. The service personnel are listed on the top of a separate black granite stone that pays tribute to the employees from the local General Motors Fisher Body plant who served in the armed forces. The Legion hall itself is a wonderful example of Art Deco architecture. Also displayed are a small anchor and a Naval artillery gun.
Date of Installation:
September 1, 1947
Organization Responsible for Installation:
American Legion Post 380
Memorial War Era(s):
American Legion Post 380 51 Duquesne Avenue Dravosburg, PA 15034 40 Degrees 21’ 5” North 79 Degrees 53’ 19” West Dravosburg is a borough located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Published on May 18, 2020