Memorial was erected in 1826 and razed in 1880 where from 8/5/1863 to 3/18/1864 one-hundred and eighteen officers of General John H. Morgan’s Calvary, CSA, the only Confederate POW’s that were held in Pittsburgh, were incarcerated. They had surrendered near Lisbon, Ohio on 7/26/1862.
Organization Responsible for Installation:
PA Historical Commission and the Pittsburgh Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy
Memorial War Era(s):
National Aviary 700 Arch St Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Published on October 17, 2020