A Gold Star memorial in honor of those Allegheny County, Pennsylvania citizens who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq, Afghanistan or the Middle East. It consists of a bronze plaque on the marble wall of the grand lobby of the City-County Building in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The grand lobby features a 47 foot high barrel-vaulted ceiling. The ceiling is supported by bronze classical columns created by the Louis Tiffany Studios. The building opened in 1917 and is the seat of government for both the City of Pittsburgh and the County of Allegheny. It was designed in the Beaux Arts style by famed architect Henry Hornbostel.
Date of Installation:
November 11, 2013
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Veterans Place of Washington Boulevard
Memorial War Era(s):
City-County Building 414 Grant Street Pittsburgh, PA 15219 Pittsburgh is a City located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Published on December 27, 2020