A large granite monument with laser-carved black granite slabs contain the names of nearly 2,000 World War II servicemembers from Harrison Township. Also featured were the names of 81 men who were killed in action and two who are still missing in action. The memorial was refurbished in 2020 with the replacement of the original glass panels. It was rededicated on October 29, 2020, the 75th anniversary of the original. The end panels feature graphics and quotes from President Harry Truman and Admiral Chester Nimitz.
Date of Installation:
October 29, 1945
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Citizens of Harrison Township, Pennsylvania
Memorial War Era(s):
Parklet located at the intersection of Freeport & Spring Hill Roads Natrona Heights, PA 15065 40 Degrees 37’ 37” North 79 Degrees 43’ 16” West Harrison Township is located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Published on May 9, 2021