What Sons of The American Legion squadron was the first to receive a charter?
The first squadron formed after the organization’s September 1932 authorization was Bruce P. Robinson Squadron 133 in Indianapolis, in June 1933. Unlike in the Legion, a squadron does not get its number from the order in which it applies for a charter; since it is attached to its father post, the squadron receives whatever number the post has.
The first three membership cards for that squadron were issued to the Ragsdale brothers: John Jr., Edward and Robert. (Their father, John Sr., was adjutant of the post.) John Jr. and Robert were both killed in action during World War II; in 1946, the post changed its name to Robinson-Ragsdale Post 133.