Terms and Conditions
1. The Veteranpreneur Contest is open to veterans, active duty military and spouses of veterans and active duty military. When sending in the poppy-themed product entry your proof of military status is required.
2. The Veteranpreneur contest opens for poppy-themed product entry submission beginning February 28, 2018 and concludes on April 25, 2018. Entrants must submit an online entry form and send a physical poppy-themed product in order to be eligible. Entries received after April 25, 2018 are ineligible. The American Legion will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. The American Legion is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by The American Legion for any reason.
3. All finalists will be notified by email and phone. If a finalist does not respond to the notification within three (3) business days, another finalist will be chosen. Failure to respond to this notification shall mean that the provisional finalists forfeits the opportunity to win the contest.
4. Multiple entries are allowed; a Veteranpreneur may enter more than one poppy-themed product for consideration. Each entry requires a separate entry form and submission.
5. All poppy-themed products submitted (“Materials”) to The American Legion shall become the sole and exclusive property of The American Legion and The American Legion shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials. The American Legion may use, display, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
6. By submitting Materials to The American Legion, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to The American Legion free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
7. You acknowledge and agree that The American Legion shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by you.
8. You acknowledge and agree that Materials submitted by you may be made available by The American Legion for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge and completely accept that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published, or otherwise become associated with, Materials that you submit to The American Legion. By submitting Materials to The American Legion you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials.
9. You agree to hold The American Legion and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby fully waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with The American Legion’s use of the Materials submitted to The American Legion and used in any manner in The American Legion’s sole and absolute discretion.
10. Evaluations of Materials submitted as part of the Veteranpreneur contest will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of The American Legion. Decisions by The American Legion are final.
11. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
12. Winner may not request substitution of prize. All finalists and/or participants are solely responsible for any, and all, taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
13. Neither The American Legion nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner including but in no way limited to each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. The American Legion is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by The American Legion.
14. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, The American Legion in its sole and absolute discretion, may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
15. This contest is null and void in any, and all, jurisdiction(s) where prohibited by law.
16. The American Legion reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate the contest at any time without prior notice.
17. The American Legion reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter the contest rules at any time.
18. By entering the Veteranpreneur contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by all contest rules, terms and conditions contained herein. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
19. Finalists will be selected based upon merits of the Materials. The American Legion will solicit votes by the public to help decide the winner. While the results of such polls may be a considered a factor in determining the winner, the winner will ultimately be selected by The American Legion in its sole and absolute discretion.
20. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest – only the submission of a poppy-themed product and the signing of the contest release and consent.
21. The winner of the contest will be announced on May 25, 2018. A list of finalists may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped (first-class postage) envelope to The American Legion, at P. O. Box 1055, Indianapolis, IN 46204, and requesting the finalist list.
22. The American Legion reserves the right to condition the award of prize(s) upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a finalist or winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by The American Legion, unless prohibited by law.
23. The American Legion reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
24. If selected winner fails to sign a standard Emblem Sales vendor contract The American Legion reserves its right to terminate the Veteranpreneur contest and/or select a different winner.
25. All entrants fully acknowledge that their entry into the Veteranpreneur contest is voluntary and understand that they may not be a finalist nor the winner yet are still submitting their poppy-themed product voluntarily.